KYEC upholds to the concept of "Sustainability" by taking positive commitment in environmental protection, energy saving and waste reduction, and recycling and reuse. We believe that environmental issues are the responsibility which all enterprise should fulfill. Hence, the environmental objective of KYEC Group does not only meet the laws and regulations but will emphasize on international eco-friendly trends. KYEC Group constantly acquires the certification of various environmental management systems as well collaborating with upstream and downstream suppliers to implement the concept of "Green Production." Such green concept will sustain recycling and constantly invest in the manufacturing technology and productivity through low pollution, energy saving, and waste reduction, providing customers with better quality service and fulfilling the company's social responsibility as objectives.
Energy Consumption and Management
- Establish integrated "waste reduction and energy saving" organization framework to include procurement, sales, quality management and other divisions so that the management becomes more comprehensive.
- Based on company environment policy, KYEC establishes and includes the different objectives in waste reduction and energy saving as obligations to be followed by all employees.
- Call for energy control meeting weekly to routinely analyze and inspect the performance of factory power use and energy saving, implementing target management and reduction for energy-consumption division.
- Set up real-time monitoring system to organize, institutionalize and simplify energy management system
- Control the use of various energies and send personnel to handle and review causes immediately for any anomaly.
- Routinely implement equipment maintenance and care by constantly evaluating equipment performance and replacing old power-consuming equipment with new ones to improve the energy-saving effectiveness.
- Discover potential abnormal energy consumption from IT-Scan technology to immediately trace and improve.
- Integrate system standards in environmental certification such as ISO14001, ISO14064 and QC080000 with factory operations to improve the management system.
- Introduce excellent suppliers and experts to participate in evaluation and improvement by learning from their experience and improving the energy-saving effect of the factories.
- Establish proposal and improvement incentive mechanism, encouraging staff to propose energy saving and improvement solutions in addition to distributing bonus according to effectiveness.
- The direct energy and indirect energy use for 2015 are shown below, which consist mainly of power use while diesel is mainly used in emergency power generator, activated only during routine maintenance and testing.
- Nearly 90% of KYEC 's greenhouse gas emission comes from power consumption and hence the annual objectives of continual execution emphasizes on the improvement projects in power conservation and management. We continue to develop and upgrade equipment performance by more profoundly launching different facility and processing equipment energy-saving projects. All factories continue to implement energy saving programs since 2003 and save electricity in an annual average of 32,163,555 kWh, reducing 16,752.21 tons of carbon emission.
- Passed ISO15000 energy management system certification in 2016.